Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Campaign Dresser of My Very Own!

I have been pinning campaign dressers on Pinterest for months now.  I am slightly obsessed.  Like this one that I posted to my favorite things board.  There are also some amazing campaign pieces that have been floating around the blogosphere!  

Here are some amazingly inspiring pics:

 




And now, here is the one of my very own!  I think I'll be painting it a glossy white!  At least that was the plan until I saw it in front of our navy/gray walls!  The wood warms up the navy quite nicely, dont ya think?





You can see where the brass could use a little love in these up close photos.

 

This is a project that I can't tackle for a few more weeks so I am happy to live with it the way that it is and see what happens from there.  I plan to polish the brass, apply several coats of white, and then add poly to give it that glossy finish.  I'll be sure to share it once it's complete. 

Oh and I almost forgot the best part.  I got this piece for 50 buckaroos!  How awesome is that?  The dresser is nearly 6' long (70" to be exact) and is a high quality Thomasville piece.  It is also in great condition.  This will be a dresser I'm sure to love for a long time to come.  Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment