Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Pinterest Challenge

Whew...okay..so here goes.

I just completed my Pinterest Challenge project at 10:30pm (still meeting the Tuesday deadline) and am here to tell the tale.  

A few weeks back I went to a local thrift store here in St Petersburg, FL.  I found 2 end tables that I thought might have potential and brought them home with me for $5 a piece (after a $10 coupon).  That's right I got not one but two end tables for $10.
Anyway, I started out with some inspiration Greek Key dresser style pieces and thought this would be the perfect design for my end tables.  Here are my inspiration pieces:

From Decor Pad
http://timmythewienerdog.blogspot.com/2011/03/ikea-and-greek-key-have-baby.html
a la:  Christina Murphy




Anyway,  here's a pic of what I started out with..(i.e. the ugly $5 thrift store table).  


 


And this is the amazing transformation: 




I styled this for a picture very quickly and yes..I am aware that the bowl next to the origami horse bank looks like a watering trough.  I'll do better next time.  I'm just happy to have at least one of the two end tables behind me.  So whattaya think?  Do you love it as much as I do?

And here's a quick budget breakdown.
   -two end tables -  $10
   -quart of white high gloss paint - $12
   -sand paper - $0 (already owned)
  - paint rollers and brushes - $0 (already owned)
   - 4-2" moldings (which were cut down to 1") - $6
    GRAND TOTAL:  $28
for 2 completely transformed end tables!

Special thanks to  Katie, Emily, Lana, and Sherri for creating the "Pinterest Challenge" and lighting the fire under my backside to get me to do something with the 'inspiration' that is Pinterest.  Check out their amazing blogs to see what they created!

5 comments:

  1. love the update! looks great.
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome....visiting from Young House Love's Pinterest challenge and am quite impressed!

    Cathy @ Room Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cheryl and Cathy! I really appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just found this... nice work Britt!!! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ashley! Thanks! I miss you too! Any plans to come down to FL anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete