Sunday, April 8, 2012

Look What Made It's Way Inside!

I had a very productive day yesterday.  I spent it rearranging, cleaning, and completing small projects around the house. 

I love our house!  Even with all of it's quirks and imperfections.  I even love the long to do list of projects that it comes with, although the line between love and hate is a little more blurry with that one.  But I love the to do lists because I know that it is a work in progress and that it's not beautiful yet but that someday it will get there.

Isn't this a great description of humanity?  I mean I know that I'm a work in progress and I'm not perfect and have my own quirks, imperfections, and just plain ugly bits.  But I'm a work in progress, crafted by an AMAZING GOD, who is the one who is in control of shaping and molding me into something beautiful.

 Anyway, do you want to see what I did?

I was thinking about my favorite thrift store find (this one) and how much I love it and am not getting to enjoy it b/c it's outside under a cover.  Once the backyard projects are complete (who knows when that will be) I will be able to sit back there and enjoy it, but for now whenever I see the backyard I just feel overwhelmed by all of the things that need to be done.

Well, I decided to bring it inside and put it in the dining room.  I also sold my dining room table on craigslist yesterday and made some money, (hopefully to be spent on a new chandelier for the bedroom!).

 After discussing it with Matt, the dining table that we already owned was never a long term solution.  Once the kitchen remodel is underway we are removing the wall between the kitchen and dining room and therefore it would not fit anyway.

Without further ado, this is what our dining room looks like now.



The whale needs to be hung a little lower on the wall but since we are planning to remove that wall anyway we probably will not rehang the whale until it finds it's permanent home.

I also did another little project in our bedroom but want to wait to reveal it once the room is complete!  At this point the bedroom is in need of new curtains, a chandelier,  and some minor tweaks here and there.  I can't wait to show it to you! 

Until then I will leave you with a few more close ups of my beloved bamboo/chinese chippendale set.



3 comments:

  1. Hey!!!!!!!! So exciting! And love the rug :) That dark blue is sneaking into your house... Love it!!! miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach! Yep, just wait for the master reveal. You'll be seeing a lot more navy in there!:) I LOVE NAVY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea to bring them in, that set is gorgeous! What a fantastic find, wow!

    ReplyDelete