Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rug Inspired Mood Board

Rug Inspired Mood Board



I went on-line this morning to a blog by Emily Henderson (last season's design star winner.)  She is giving away this rug from West Elm.   And the rug inspired me to create a mood board that centered around it!  So here it is!  I am absolutely in LOVE with this room, I couldn't decide on which mirror to place above the dresser but decided that I could use BOTH mirrors in the moodboard (and thus also a room).  Hope you like it!

I'm not absolutely in love with these curtains b/c I think they are a little bland (and too matchy).  But I was unable to find something that I have in my head.  If I were really going to do this for a room I would probably go to some fabric stores and find just the right material for the perfect curtains.  

2 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE with this room!! I particularly like the big elements: chair, headboard, dresser and the colors... wow! They look great together. Go you!! This is awesome Britt. I think I am going to issue you a challenge soon- find something I like and have you make a mood board for a certain room in my house :)

    And PS I think you should do a tutorial on how you create your mood boards :)

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! That's so encouraging. I would love to make a mood board for you!! Just give me an idea of what you're thinking or an inspiration piece and I can make one or several for you to choose from. It's pretty much my favorite thing to do these days!

    ReplyDelete