This story begins about a year ago when I purchased a chair at a yard sale (for 10 bucks)...yes I am a procrastinator...oh well the point is - it's done now.
I took my time on this project which allowed me to find a fabric remnant at Joann Fabrics that I loved -for super cheap (I think around $4). The fabric was about $40 per yard (if I remember correctly) and I snagged just the amount I needed for about a 10th of the price.
I spray painted the chair early on but I just didn't work up the courage to tackle the cushion until my sister in law Sarah came to stay with us. She helped with reupholstering!
I can't find any before photos but the chair was pretty ugly. Just take my word for it. Here it is with a new coat of paint and a reupholstered seat.