Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bamboo Love!

I went thrifting yesterday and bought this...





Here are some close ups, so you can see it in all it's shabby glory!



I loved the design and am really into the hollywood regency look of it!  It actually goes with my patio table seen here.  I originally thought I might use it outside as a buffet of sorts when I entertain.  And I still might.

Here's a pic of that patio set in case you don't want to link over to the post.  Picture from www.danshamptons.com via Pinterest.



Also, update on the patio set.  It's being transformed as we speak!  I actually love it so much I wanted to splurge a little and have it powder coated.  I should be getting it back sometime next week, I'll be sure to update you when it's done! 

Anywho, back to the post at hand.  I have some afters that I simply love!  So let's get to it.

I used some paint that I had left from this project, so the transformation cost me $0, nada, zip, zilch.



I placed some items from my "decor store" as well as another thrift store find, that pelican print!  I actually love it against the rich gray walls.

Here are some shots I took last night.
I still haven't figured out how to take night photos without them looking all grainy and when it comes to using my camera I'm definitely a Beginner.  I just need to spend a little more time with it.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!


Also, b/c this is the first time you are seeing my den, I wanted to give a little post within a post preview.

I started out with this VERY BASIC and EXTREMELY BEGINNERS mood board.  Basically I copied and pasted items I liked onto a word document.  Also nothing is to scale, this was used just so I could get an idea of colors and textures together.

I still am dying to get and use photo shop.  Oh well, onwards and upwards.

I started out wanting a Kivik sofa from Ikea, but it was a little big for the room.  So I downsized to the karlstad, and then just flipped the curtains to a lighter color to balance the deep gray of the sofa.

I actually bought the main sofa of Karlstad from Craigs list, bought a new cover, and scored the chaise in the 'AS IS' section of Ikea. So it was a DEAL!  And you know I love a DEAL!

Here are some pics of how the den turned out.



Again, with the grainy night photos, ugh!  Oh well, it gives you an idea.

Also I decided to DIY my own 'chandelier' and found a beaded plate from Home Goods that is the perfect size for my drum shade.


What do you all think of the overall den design?   I am super happy to have found that console this weekend for CHEAP!  Now I feel the room is complete, well, at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment