Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Capizing up the Hallway

Hi, 

It's been awhile so I thought I should apologize for staying away so long and give a little update on the happenings in my life.

I have recently had a couple of things change in my life, for starters I received a promotion at work, I have started an etsy business with a friend, and I have an upcoming business/design prospect (that to be honest, scares the absolute daylights outta me!).  This is mainly the reason I've been so absent from the blog.  But I had an idea to use the blog as a tool to prepare for some of my new endeavors.   I also am hoping that my blog can reformat itself into a place where I can not only share our house updates but also a place where I can explore my love of design.  We'll see what this will actually look like as the blog posts progress b/c the creative side of me doesn't want to be pigeon-holed into having a super defined objective, haha, so type B!  A more general goal for myself is to post at least once per week.

Anyway, onto the fun stuff.  Here are some pictures of our most recent project completion!  The hallway of our house left much to be desired but after adding a little life it may just be one of my favorite places in the whole house.








 First we painted the trim to the attic entryway white and followed up with using a grayish blue color on the ceiling.  We actually got this paint in the oops section of Lowes for $5.   It's been sitting forgotten until just this occassion to add a splash of color to the otherwise neutral hall.  After that was done my husband installed the capiz chandelier that we bought a few months ago when we vacationed in Sanibel Island. 








Is it weird to want to sit in the hallway all day turning the light switch on and off?

I love how the wood and capiz look against the grayish blue ceiling!  Now all I need is a bigger picture or a collage where the boat photograph picure is and it will feel more balanced.  There's always another step that needs to happen but my lack of patience couldn't wait to share it with you!  Have you made any changes to your house that you just can't wait to share?  Please comment and tell me about it!

2 comments: