Saturday, May 12, 2012

HOW ABOUT A LIL VINTAGE INDUSTRIAL

Do you ever have trouble understanding your style?  I sure do!  Once I think I have it pinned down I see another item that I HAVE TO HAVE that doesn't fit any of the other requirements.  I just think I'm pretty eclectic and love a bunch of different things.  So what's wrong with having those different things all in my home?  I say nothing it all!  It gives it more of a collected over time look.  Which is exactly what it is!  But if I had to define my style (at this particular point in time, cuz Lord knows it's always changin')  it would be a blend of light airy modern beach house decor, with a splash of mid-century, and a smidge of industrial.  There are probably major gaps that I'm leaving out but at this point in time on a Saturday morning, that's all I got!

So when I happened across a vintage blue metal book case at my favorite local thrift store, I HAD TO HAVE IT!  The heart pounding "I shouldn't but I have to"kinda have it.  Does this ever happen to you?!  I actually checked out with my clothing items first because I was trying to talk myself out of it.   But obviously you know that I got because now I have the privilege of sharing it with you!

Here it is cleaned up, 'styled', and in my house! 



It's a little rusted and weathered in places but I think it adds to the charm of the piece.  Here are some close ups!




Profile.


And here it is shown at a wider angle in the room.





Do you all have many different styles of decor in your house?  Had any recent finds that you just can't wait to share about? 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Well seems to me it would fit as a smidge of industrial. And the blue works for the beach house part. I say it fits.

    ReplyDelete