Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oh, how I love Indigo!

So I think I have found a new favorite color.  It's the color of the ocean at dusk, a natural dye that has been around for ages, and it has found a new place in my heart.  As evidence by the title of the post you already know, the color is INDIGO!

You've already seen my recent headboard post where I painted it that very color.  But actually before I painted the headboard I found these thrift store lamps and painted them first.  I'm a little behind on my posts, but since I just started this blog there is plenty in the last 3 years that I will be recapping.

On to the Lamps!  I got them at a local thrift store for $5 each.

Here's what they looked like pre-makeover.




I have to tell you,  my husband absolutely hated them at first and had his doubts about whether or not I had gone off the deep end into thrift shopping oblivion.  Thinking that I could see the "potential" in everything and anything but never realizing that some things were born to stay UGLY.  

HOWEVER, after my rendezvous with the spray paint can (hmm..shoulda thought that one out better before typing it).  I came up with this!!...







 The lamp shade shown above didn't "stick" and therefore is on its way back to the store.  However I bought new lampshades that I think I like but am not quite sure.  I originally wanted simple drum shades but all the drum shades that I have found are only 10" tall.  I would need the shade to at least be 12" to accomodate the large lamps.  

Here are pics of the lamp with the new shade that I'm deciding on.  (please disregard the plastic)






What do you think of the new ones?  I think they definitely work and give a nod to that nautical style that I'm trying for....but...hmm...I'm not quite sure if I wanna pull the trigger and take off the plastic. 
Please chime in, I would love some feedback.  

Here's also a finished pic of both lamps in the living room.  I also placed another pictures in one of the frames today.  Can you find it?! 



Like I said, its coming together so FAST.  All I need now is a 14 x 19 to put in the large one at the bottom and I'll be DONE-ZO!


1 comment:

  1. Ok I actually LOVE the first lamp cover... and Oh WOW those lamps DO look so good! You have a great eye... oh and spray paint can rendez-vous... too funny :)

    ReplyDelete