Sunday, January 15, 2012

COMING OUT OF MY SHELL

I'm a little all over the place this weekend.  I keep jumping back and forth with finishing the tweaks in my living room (and by finishing I mean thinking about them intently without getting any real work done), and dreaming of designing my master bedroom!

You see, the master bedroom has been on my list to paint for a while now, and when I went to a local antique mall this weekend I happened upon this item.






It's a solid brass clam shell that measures around 12" x 12"!  First it told me that it was awesome and that it wanted to come home with me and be my jewelry box.  I agreed and off I went to the checkout.  It helped that it was 50% off and I nearly stole it for only $14.00!!

I know, I know.   This piece is not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it!  It sings to me...more specifically it inspired me to redo my whole master bedroom!   I envisioned this piece sitting atop my white dresser with a navy wall behind.  I LOVE IT!  I'm not exactly sure that the Mr. does yet so I have to pull back on my reigns a little bit.  I created this moodboard to give you an idea of what's in my head right now, and have also been crazy busy pinteresting other inspiring rooms!


Since I created this moodboard I have been rethinking the brass bed and think a sleek crisp white headboard might be just the ticket.  Maybe I can repaint this one and save some $.  We'll see if it all materializes.  I want to make sure that I'm making a good decision before acting on it. But for now I'm loving it and how it ties in with the beachy-ness of our house in a sophisticated (and nautical) way.

I will leave you with some of my inspiration photos via Pinterest!

T. Keller Donovan in Elle Decor

found here
via Pinterest

found here

via http://thenestinggame.com/
found here

No comments:

Post a Comment